Terms of Carriage
The following terms, words and expressions are for use in interpreting this document:
"Geneva Airport Transfers or (GAT)" refers to the company geneva-airport-transfers.com which is a trading name of SARL Chalet Tissieres, No. TVA FR384 800 42662 No. Siret 4800 42662 000019
"Client" the person making the booking personally or on behalf of other persons. . "Party" all persons travelling under a single booking or confirmation. "Passenger" a particular person within a party.
- Full acceptance of these terms is assumed at the time a booking or reservation is made.
- All fares published on any GAT website or literatures are changeable until the booking is confirmed in writing.
- All fares are open to change without prior notice. If these changes are made after the time of booking GAT will write to the client explaining. The client has the right to accept or reject these changes. If rejected a full refund will be made within 7 working days.
- Transfers are only fully confirmed & scheduled when booking confirmation has been sent, payment or agreed deposit taken and communicated to both GAT and the client.
- Clients accept these terms on behalf of all other members of a party booking.
- Bookings made via telephone are also subject to these terms and conditions.
- Booking confirmations must be presented to GAT at both arrival and departure points by the client.
- The destination and subsequent pick up address on the booking form are the only ones at which the client will be met and picked up. Any changes to these addresses must be communicated to GAT 48 hrs before hand & may be subject to additional administration fees.
CANCELLATIONS by the client:
Cancellation >7 days before scheduled transfer pick up time = Loss of total one way fee or 50% of return fee.
Cancellation <7 days before scheduled transfer pick up time = Loss of total one way fee or 100% of return fee.
GAT are happy to provide written confirmation to the client cancelling transfers with us for their personal insurance purposes.
IMPORTANT: Any cancellation must be communicated in writing to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verbal communication of cancellation will not be accepted.
Luggage: All luggage must be clearly labelled with the owners name and address.
Each passenger is responsible for his or her luggage. Geneva Airport Transfers will take no responsibility for lost, damaged or stolen luggage in the airport terminals.
Geneva Airport Transfers undertakes to load, store and return luggage in the condition in which it was received at the time of loading.
Customers are limited to two items of luggage including a ski and snowboard bag. In the event of a client having excess luggage Geneva Airport Transfers reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance or can refuse to transport the items.
Bikes will be transported free of charge. The number of bikes will be indicated by the client at the time of booking. If the client arrives with more bikes than indicated on the booking form GAT may refuse to carry these bikes. Bikes must be encased in a suitable bag or box.
If this is not the case GAT will refuse to carry these items. The above also applies to golf clubs.
- The driver or representative of any Geneva Airport Transfers vehicle has the right to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or any other passenger.
- Child seats: GAT can provide appropriate child seats if requested. This must be requested by the client at the time of booking. Children under the age of 12yrs and less than 135cm tall must use the appropriate child seat and must not travel in the front row of seats in any of our vehicles. If the client has specific seating needs for children then it is suggested that the client provides their own appropriate equipment. Children are not allowed at any stage to share a seat or lap sit with another member of the party in a vehicle irrespective of their age.
- If any client vandalises or soils a GAT vehicle an immediate fine of €150 euros will be payable to the driver or representative. If the client refuses to pay this fine it will be taken from the credit car details supplied for the booking. If this payment cannot be taken GAT will refuse to carry out any further transportation for the client.
- The consumption of food stuffs and alcohol is forbidden on any GAT vehicles. Smoking is forbidden on any Geneva Airport Transfers vehicle.
- Parents or guardians for any minors travelling (people under the age of 18yrs) will be held responsible for the actions of these minors within their group.
GAT will endeavour to carry all its passengers in comfort, safety and with the minimal disruption to their travel plans. However, GAT shall not be held liable in any way for disruptions to passenger transportation, and which may cause the client to incur additional costs or loss, due to circumstances out of its control caused by, but not exclusively.
- Vehicle breakdown or malfunction.
- Delays on public roads caused by police, accidents, congestion or unforeseen traffic delays.
- GAT vehicles being held or detained by police, government or airport officials.
- Severe weather or snow conditions.
- Acts of terrorism, vandalism or industrial action by third parties. Force Majeure.
- Missed flights or connections by road, rail or any other transportation method public or other wise.
- If GAT book transportation facilities with others suppliers we do so as agents. On such occasions the terms and conditions of those suppliers will apply to the client. GAT's liability will be limited to passenger travel on its own vehicle fleet.
- Booking information by the client: At the time of booking the client is solely responsible for all the information supplied to GAT. GAT will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to the client that occurs as a result of illegible or incorrect information supplied.
- Route or Tunnel closures or blockages: A supplement will be agreed between GAT and the client to be paid upon arrival at the destination, indicated on the original booking form, that reflects any additional mileage, time, tolls or fees taken to complete the journey. Where no agreement can be reached GAT will transport the client up to the point of blockage or closure. GAT waives the right to charge a supplement at its discression.
Flight delay, cancellation or flights being rescheduled:
If your plane is delayed:
Please phone the following number immediately: 0033 619 423 752. Delay of more than 30 minutes after your scheduled flight arrival time: If you would like Geneva Airport Transfers to wait for your delayed flight for you, or for waiting during a pre arrange pick up time the following waiting fee of €35 every 30 minutes up to 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. and €40 for every 30 minutes after 8 pm - 9am will be applied. If GAT is delayed or cannot wait longer than 60 mins after your scheduled flight arrival time we will inform you of this by telephone or text.
If your plane is cancelled or rescheduled:
GAT reserves the right to recover full payment. If you would like GAT to meet your newly scheduled flight arrival a new transfer quotation will be given. The client does not have to accept this. No refunds will be given in the event of flight cancellation or being rescheduled for a later date.
- Fuel surcharges: GAT reserves the right to increase its transfer costs with fuel price rises and in line with point 3 above.
- GAT's terms are governed by French law and in the event of a dispute that cannot be resolved amicably or by mediation the French courts will govern any dispute.